OK, so it’s not Ukraine, but its still a beautiful country and absolutely worth visiting.
Moldovans are fun, funny, friendly, fearless and fascinating, so what do you have to lose?
The train leaves early in the morning from Kyiv, and you’ll be eating Mămăligă and drinking some of Europe’s finest wine before they day is over…
1. In Chitcani (Noul Neamt) monastery one will find the miraculous icon from 1401 and the highest bell tower from Moldova.
2. “Buchetul Moldovei” is the older brother of the Italian “Martini” and contains infusions of more than twenty plants/herbs.
3. In 2001, Moldova became the first former Soviet state to elect a Communist as its president.
4. Gagauzia became an autonomous region of Moldova in 1994.
5. Moldova was founded by Prince Bogdan, around the mid-fourteenth century.
6. Moldova gained independence from the USSR on August 27, 1991.
7. Moldova is a member of the United Nations, WTO, OSCE, GUAM, CIS, BSEC and other international organizations.
8. Moldova became a part of the Russian Empire, under the name of Bessarabia, in 1812.
9. An adopted Ukrainian meal, colțunași is sort of ravioli, only better.
10. The maximum elevation of any of the hills found in the region does not…
View original post 190 more words